Thursday, May 2, 2013

Signs of Spring

As I was walking into the building the last week I noticed that our Weeping Cherry Trees were in bloom. There are six Cherry Trees as part of our Holocaust Memorial Garden next to our Rose Garden in front of the building. I knew that if I wanted pictures of them in bloom I'd better act quickly because they only bloom for about 37 seconds. On Wednesday, I got out there with my camera, and while they were just past their peak, they were still nice.



I walked around the building for a few minutes and snapped some photos of some of the other signs of spring. All of these are pretty much right in front of our building within just yards of each other. You know, we may not exactly be in a bucolic setting, we may have a freeway to our east, Cedar Road to our north, and Beachwood Mall to our west, but, if we just take the time to look, to really look, we can notice beauty and small miracles all around us all the time. (Hint: Life Lesson Alert.)












 There's some construction going on on the south side of our building. I've heard all kinds of rumors all over campus about what we're building. I've heard that we're adding another wing and building up three stories. WE'RE NOT. What we are doing is some great new landscaping. We're creating a new enclosed garden. The new garden is being created with Helen's Place in mind, but will be available for everyone. We hope to have it open by the end of May.