Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fire and Love

We  finally got to have a campfire outside. The weather was perfect.

And here I am with our brand new fire pit. I always like to demonstrate how to build a one-match-fire with tinder, kindling and fuel - never lighter fluid - a skill I learned many years ago at Camp Wise.

So, for your entertainment (or whatever it is) here are way too many pictures of me building a perfect fire (pardon my hubris, but it's one skill I actually have.)



The tinder is lit.


Feeding it with kindling.




Fire in the hole! (The pie hole) I'm thinking of taking up fire eating. But I hear the heartburn is extreme.


Changed the A frame to an H frame.


Admiring fans.



Marshmallows roasted, ready to eat.




Here are a few pictures from our Sadie Hawkins Dance. The dance was a celebration of the Jewish holiday of Tu B'Av, a  day to celebrate love.



Our Reigning Prom King and Queen.