Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Night at the Office

I know I haven't blogged in a while. Part of the reason is that I've been on vacation, and part of the reason is all of the office switching and makeovers we've been doing. None of the reason is that we haven't been doing things at Stone Gardens. That is to say, we have been doing a lot! And I will catch up on blogging over the next few days.

In the meantime, I'll show you some pictures of the office. I'm still in the same space I was in before (first floor across from the Ivy Room). But the whole space has been cleaned out, repainted and rearranged. And I now share the space with David Walker, our Dietary GM. Or maybe he shares it with me.

If you've ever been here and seen my office, you may remember the angels. (Yes, I meant angels and not angles.)
They've been there since before I got here seven years ago. They were the decorating inspiration of my excellent predecessor Kathleen Betlejewski, currently the very excellent Assistant Director of Activities and head of the Creative Arts Center at Menorah Park. You can see in photo above where I tried to peel them off seven years ago. They insisted on staying, so I lived with them.

But now...

So, the office has a new look. We're still working on the finishing touches, but here it is at the moment: