Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Warning: This Blog Contains Nudity!

Well, not really. But, look closely and you'll see what I mean.

This blog post IS a contest, however. With real prizes.

These are photos from our recent trip to the Cleveland Museum of Art. I was going to cite the artists and picture titles as you scrolled down, but what fun would that be? (I mean, for me...it wouldn't be fun. It would be work.) I thought it would be more fun to see who amongst our readers and residents can correctly name the most pictures and artists. The winner will get a pair of movie tickets. There will be one pair for our on-line winner, and one pair for a winner from inside the building (I will print out the pictures for those without Internet).

Send me your answers at nbudin@menorahpark.org. You'll have until Monday, Nov. 8th, 12 noon EST. The email with the most correct answers and the earliest time stamp will be the winner.

So, do you know your Monet from your Manet? Get ready...GO!

Here's our good looking group getting ready to explore the galleries.


Here's our resident artist Hy Snell looking at a famous painting. I think there's enough of it visible in this picture for you to identify. This is #1:


This is one of my favorite paintings (and a pretty good resident, too!). This is #2:


I hope you can see enough of this one. If you know your art at all, you should be able to at least be able to identify the genre. (Oh, and there might be nudity in this painting). It's #3:


OK. At least give me the artist for these two. The one on the right is #4:


Here's more nudity. #5:


This is Super Volunteer Arlyne with a resident. There is no painting to identify here.


I love this artist. It's not to everyone's taste, but this one of my favorites in this museum. And no, your children can not make paintings like this. If they could, they would be hanging in a museum. The pictures, not your children. #6:


Here's the last one. I've included a second shot with more of the painting visible. Extra points if you can tell me the relationship between the last one, #6, and this one, #7:



So, there are seven paintings in all to identify - Title and Artist. Remember, send me as much information as you can about each one by Monday, November 8, 12:00 noon, and you could win movie tickets! Good Luck!