Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring is In the Air

When you hear these four little words, you know spring is here and summer's not far behind:

Pitchers and catchers report.



Or, you might hear that one word - Orchidmania.

Well, OK, it's a compound word: orchid and mania. But, it happens every February and March at the Cleveland Botanical Gardens, and we go almost every year.


Here are some photos from our recent excursion. I almost always like to take pictures of residents in action, but at this event, I get to pretend I'm a nature photographer. Like Ansel Adams. Only in color. And indoors. And not as good.










Cleveland, Ohio really is a gem. We are so fortunate to have these wonderful museums, facilities, events and some of the best arts in the world (think Cleveland Orchestra) right in our back yard.
(Notice I didn't say sports? There's always next year! Notice how I say that even before the season starts?)