Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Winder Wonderland

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

Well, it's not really so bad. We had a little rain, and then a little snow, which turned the rain into ice, which is still clinging to every blade of grass and tree branch. Thanks goodness the roads are all clear and we can all get to work. Hurray.

As one of my Facebook friends said: It's so beautiful outside today, like a magical fairy realm. After I teased her about that, I went right outside and took some pictures. These photos were taken in the immediate vicinity of Stone Gardens.

As Mark Twain said: "Everybody complains about the weather, but nobody does anything about it!" I use instances of bad weather to remind me that, in the big picture, I'm not really in charge. And to find the beauty in it.